Disney Pixar’s adorable and much awaited animation sequel FINDING DORY features an all-star voice cast, welcoming DeGeneres (“The Ellen DeGeneres Show”)and Albert Brooks (“This is 40”)back to the sea as favorite fish Dory and Marlin. Ed O’Neill (“Modern Family”)lends his voice to “septopus” Hank, Kaitlin Olson (“It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia”)voices whale shark Destiny, and Ty Burrell (“Modern Family”) gives voice to beluga whale Bailey. Portraying Dory’s parents Charlie and Jenny are Eugene Levy (“Schitt’s Creek”)and Diane Keaton (“Love the Coopers”). And 12-year-old Hayden Rolence (“Beta Persei”) steps in to help bring Nemo to life.
The film tackles the issue of memory loss, aka Dory who thanks to her amnesia, never remembers anything and yet proceeds on a journey to find her parents with Nemo!
The topic of amnesia/memory loss has been explored quite successfully and albeit hilariously in many Bollwood and Hollwood movies such as:
- Finding Nemo – After his son gets abducted in the Great Barrier Reef and is dispatched to Sydney, a meek clownfish embarks on a journey to bring him home. Dory who suffers from memory loss becomes his friend and helps him!!
- 50 First Dates – Henry, a vet, falls in love with Lucy who suffers from short-term memory loss. Lucy can never remember meeting him, so Henry has to romance her afresh each day and pray that she too loves him.
- Ghajini – Hit by an iron rod, a tycoon suffers from a condition that prevents him from remembering anything beyond fifteen minutes. With notes tattooed on his body, he sets out to find his fiancee’s killer.
- The Bourne Identity – A man with a bullet-ridden body is found and looked after by strangers. He wakes up to a blank memory and begins a journey to find out his identity. The road ahead is full of danger and conspiracy.
- Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind – Joel and Clementine begin a relationship post a train journey together, unaware that they had previously been in a relationship-gone-sour, memories of which were clinically erased
- Sadma – A man rescues from a brothel a grown up girl who behaves like a 6 year-old due to a brain injury. Weeks pass by as he cares and protects her from one and all. What will happen when her memory returns?
- The Notebook – Duke reads the story of Allie and Noah, two lovers who were separated by fate, to Ms. Hamilton, an old woman who suffers from Alzheimer’s, on a daily basis out of his notebook.
- Jab Tak Hai Jaan – Samar is smitten by Meera in London. He returns to India after she leaves him and dedicates himself to the army. Akira falls in love with him but later decides to unite him with Meera.
- The Hangover – For a bachelor party, three best men and the groom take a road trip to Las Vegas. They wake up the next morning to realise that not only have they lost the groom but also have no recollection.
- Men In Black – Weapons are used to erase memories from general public and also of agents, to avoid panic about aliens
- X Men- Wolverine – Hugh Jackman aka Wolverine suffers from memory loss after he is injected with Adamantium in the end of the film
- The Vow – Paige meets with a terrible accident which leaves her in coma. When she wakes up, she doesn’t recognise her husband Leo. He then tries to win her back by courting her again