Phoenix MarketCity, Chennai in association with COSMOPOLITAN magazine, recently hosted a grand ‘Phoenix Autumn Winter Fashion Show 2016’ – a truly grandeuse show that witnessed never-before seen trends, showcased in the most stylish manner. Curated by none other than Lakme India Fashion Week’s Lubna Adam, the Autumn Winter Fashion Show was without a doubt, the talk of the town.
The glamorous evening was hosted on the ground floor of the mall, and the audience witnessed the season’s rivetting looks spread over 7 captivating sequences. Gorgeous models Erica Packard, Diva Dhawan, Nikhita Sahay, Ketholeno Kense, Rachel Bayros and Preeti Dhata were truly head-turners, leaving the crowd with absolute jaw dropping glances! The event got the audience to take notice of the efforts made on part of Phoenix MarketCity to ensure that Chennai has its very own fashion calendar with such distinctive events that effectively portray the recent trends prevailing in the industry!
With a grand introduction to the gala event, the evening had 7 varied sequences that served as vehicles to unveil the best autumn winter collection from the premium and super premium brands at the mall such as Kenneth Cole, Charles & Keith, Gas, Steve Madden, Zara, Diesel, Tommy Hilfiger, ALDO, Swarovski etc. The choreography was interactive as well as diverse.
THE SEVEN SEQUENCES:
- The first of the seven sequences was ‘drama drama’ – and aptly it was! All the With rusty earth-colored flowers, mettalic wired quirky avante-garde head gears/ bands as was contrasted by their simple white dresses.
- Denim Affair: An all time favourite for any season, the models wore everything from denim crop tops, tie-up tops, hot shorts, long jackets with funky patchwork to even stone-washed jump suits!
- Florals: Always pleasing to the eye, the models wore fun ensembles consisting of paisley flannel shirts, floral jackets with both small and large print. The models proved that florals were the ‘go -to’ print as they adorned flaired floral mini skirts with wild and edgy patterns.
- Silhouette: Creating a mystery with a perfect blend of classy and cool – was one of the most outstanding looks of the evening! The ladies wore LBDs, black jump suits and frilled dresses that were rightly complimented by statement pieces of jewelry from Swarovski. It’s often said that ‘you can’t go wrong with black’ and right they said! To keep those voluptuous curves, look polished but never over-the-top – remember – sophistication lies in the seemingly simple details, making Black, the way to go!
- Dandy/Masculine suits: Traditional tailoring has largely vanished and trendier casual styles have taken over. The models stood-out in sharp, dapper monochrome suits. Earth colors such as greys, blacks and browns bearing confident tailoring gave a vintage look, that added bit of zing. Other trends included plaid and pastel colors, sleek ties, straight fit pants and brown suede boots. Slim, stylish, and often colorful, the new power suit is just as suitable for a night out as it is for the boardroom.
- Street success: A confident mix of trendy and classy, celebrity-approved and definitely cutting-edge – the models proved that Street style clothing can safely become everyone’s wardrobe staples. The modes let their sleeves do the talking with dramatic bell sleeves, which were well balanced out with a pair of jeans and classic pumps! They also sported over sized T-shirts, baseball caps as they brought out the ‘Rumble in the Bronx’ look! Tough. Androgynous. Daring and bold. Adding an accessory or two is all you need to get a casual outfit into high gear.
- Suits: Again, Fashion will always get inspired by revisiting the classic padded jacket with a rebel vibe! Whether you’re looking for a bad boy cool or casual confidence, the models wore silven jackets that were both stylish and sleek as they were layered over classy white shirts with bold buttons.
The last sequence was completely star-studded! The celebrity guest of the evening TAAPSEE PANNU looked ethereal as she was bedecked in the finest signature neck piece from Austrian jewellery maker, Swarovski.
Overall, the escalator style fashion presentation show revolutionized the fashion scene in Chennai. The avant-garde choreographer wove her magic on showcasing everything from intricate detailing, as contemporary looks married traditional designs only to exude a regal magnificence. An amalgamation of rich fabrics, varied patterns, and bold experimentation brewed a heady, delicate yet flawless finesse!